This is a survey completed to a standard format set out by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
The Service applies to houses, bungalows and flats that are conventional in type and construction and are apparently in reasonable condition. The service is specifically for clients who are seeking a professional opinion at an economical price. It is, therefore, necessarily less comprehensive than a Building Survey. The inspection is not exhaustive and no tests are undertaken. However, where there is a ‘trail of suspicion’ reasonable steps will be taken to follow the trail which may include recommending further investigation. The service does not include an asbestos inspection but if asbestos is suspected it will be reported.
It generally includes property conversions and properties that:-
- are of Victorian to present-day construction.
- have load bearing structures or simple frames.
- use conventional building materials and construction methods.
- have service systems commonly used in domestic properties.
However the following specialist construction types are included due to our experience in these constructions:-
- Timber framed and thatched properties
- prefabricated concrete and steel framed properties built after the Second World War, often ex-local authority properties.
The report covers:-
- The general condition of the property
- Highlights urgent problems and major faults
- Matters for your solicitor
- An opinion of the market value of the property
- Reinstatement cost of the property for insurance purposes.